Currently, the Academy works to grant the following projects:
- The program development leadership potential of universities Ukraine 2015-2018 (Institute of Higher Education APN Ukraine together with the British Council).
- Module Jean Monnet on popularizing the ideas of the European Union at the Academy.
- KA1 Erasmus+ – the exchange of students and teachers under the Erasmus+ University of Rzeszow (Poland).
Opportunities to attract grant funding for NASAA
Grant funding is divided into:
- Individual grants;
- Grants for research teams;
- Grants for organizations.
Key preconditions for successful grant activity are the following information and circumstances:
- Description of Competency profile of organization and expert (then potential partners will have a base for inviting us or expert to a possible project);
- For research grants:
- group of scientists who have international scientific publications;
- registered in professional social networks (e.g. LinkedIn or Scientific Sosial Community);
- who participate in international and national conferences;
- explore urgent problems of the world economy, which coincides with the priorities of grant programs;
- having a wide range of professional contacts and ready to invest their time in preparing project deals.
- The ability to formulate a project idea (ideas) that would match the needs of identified target groups (up to 1-2 pages, then based on that we can make a specialized looking for partners);
- Vigorous activity with the purpose of promoting the project capacity of the organization and as a result – finding potential partners. It is also important to discuss issues of joint projects with organizations that already have contact with us during the previous conferences and meetings;
- The successful grant story;
- Harvested project proposals for permanent competitions;
- Continuous work experience in a particular direction (activities have to be carried out regardless of funding);
- The presence of actual competition, programs, objectives of which will coincide with our project ideas and opportunities.
Important grant programs to prepare proposals for
|№||NAME of program||Type||Description|
|1||Erasmus+||Educational||The new EU program for education/training, youth and sports during 2014-2020. For partner countries of the program (including Ukraine) opens a lot of opportunities for students, researchers and staff of higher educational institutes, youth organizations and other institutions. All this capabilities are financed by European Union. The program works on 3 key areas of activity:
|2||Horizon 2020||Scientific||New project EU of researches and innovations. It will last from 2014 till 2020 with a total budget of around 70 billion euros. Project Horizon 2020 aims to unite all existing European initiatives of researches and innovations funded through framework project of Researches and Innovation Development (RP) Framework Project of competitiveness and innovations (CIP) and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Thus, combining three separate programs occurs unification of research and innovation. At the same time, Horizon 2020 focuses on the social challenges and provides more access for all companies, universities and institutes in the EU and beyond it.
|3||International Agency for Development of Culture, Education and Science (IADCES)||Scientific||International Agency for Development of Culture, Education and Science (IADCES) announces a competition for a research grants in the 2015-2016 academic year. A long-term objective of the program is to support the development of researches in different countries. The competition budget is 20 million euro. Participant of competition can be any employee of scientific and educational institutions, or a person who studies there. Areas of research include all scientific disciplines, for example: mathematics, materials science, economics, law, pedagogy, psychology, physics, physical education and health, philosophy, cultural studies, gender studies etc. Requests are accepted in English or Russian.|
|4||The Economics Education and Research Consortium (EERC)||Scientific||EERC network supports advanced researches aimed at solving urgent problems, organizes training and research seminars, facilitates dialogue between the scientific community and those who shape policy and makes decisions.
EERC Network provides funding headmost researches to solve urgent problems through project of grant competitions, which are held twice a year, and tenders for research project of certain areas.
Consortium of Economic Education and Research was established in 1995 to train a new generation of economists, promoting the reform of economic education and development of Economic science in the CIS. Coordination of EERC research network provides the secretariat, which is located in Kiev.
|5||Grants from embassy of the US||Scientific||Name of competition – “Common competition promotion of democracy”.
Grant provided social organizations and analytical Centre.
|6||Canadian International Development Agency||Educational, scientific||The purpose of CIDA is assistance to developing countries in their efforts to achieve sustainable economic and social development according to their needs by working with them in carrying out activities aimed at the development, humanitarian assistance and, therefore, the promotion of social justice, international stability and long-term relationships for the benefit of the global community that responds the political and economic interests of Canada abroad.
The purpose of technical cooperation with Ukraine in Canada is to promote successful integration of Ukraine into the global market economy, as well as assistance in the peaceful development of democratic governance based on the rule of law.
|7||International Renaissance Foundation||Scientific, educational||International Renaissance Foundation is one of the largest charities in Ukraine. Fund announces competitions in accordance with its priorities. Socially significant projects can claim for support outside the announced competitions.
Areas of interest:
|8||Queen Yadviga Fund||Educational||Queen Jadwiga Fund, established in 2002 at the Jagiellonian University, provides an opportunity for young researchers and graduate students from Central and Eastern Europe, states of the former Soviet Union and the Balkans to do a scientific internship in Krakow (Poland), for a period of 1-2 months.|
|9||European Science Foundation||Educational||The European Science Foundation is a non-governmental organization, founded in France in 1974, has 78 institutions, which provide research activity in 30 European countries. Foundation coordinates and supports European research consortiums.
Researchers from the former Soviet Union are provided by:
The Foundation supports researches in the field of engineering, natural sciences, humanities and social sciences. Line of research must be relevant for the European Research Area and have practical results.