The library of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit is a scientific, informational and cultural subdivision with an organized stock of documents, open access to international databases and other sources of information.
The main function of the NASAA library is to provide informational, research, educational, cultural and other needs of library users. The NASAA library is actively developing, using information technology that helps in the acquisition of library resources, their organization and meeting the needs of users.
NASAA Library is an active member of the ELibUkr consortium.
The library funds are constantly replenished. They are equipped with periodicals, scientific, educational, educational and methodical and reference literature on the following subjects:
- Accounting and Management Accounting;
- Foreign languages;
- Cultural science, etc.;
- Religion studies;
- Ukrainian language;
- Physical training;
- Finance and Credit.
The structure of the library
There are more than 30,000 titles of publications in the book depository of the Academy’s library. The Academy annually subscribes to professional periodicals that are in demand among the teaching staff of the Academy, doctoral candidates, postgraduates and students.
Book lending room
The library serves full-time, part-time and distance learning students, postgraduates, doctoral candidates and teaching staff. Every day the subscription department serves about 100 readers.
The reading room of the library is designed for 30 seats. Its premises are spacious, well lit, equipped with computers with an access to the global Internet. The number of computers is16. The readers of NASAA can also use the Library Electronic catalog created on the basis of the software
- Senayan Version: SLiMS 5 (Meranti)
The Electronic Catalog which fully reflects the fund of the library provides the search for the necessary documents by name, author or topic. The library user can check the availability of a particular publication in the stock using the internal network.
In September 2015, there was established the NASAA Institutional Repository. This electronic archive provides accumulation, systematization, and storage in electronic form of intellectual products of scientific, educational and methodical relevance created by the communities of the Academy. The repository provides long-term, permanent and reliable free open access to the communities with the help of Internet technology and distribution of these materials among the world scientific and educational society. The institutional repository of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit is a part of the electronic resource of the Academy’s library.
Today, the repository fund contains 4,046 electronic records.
While stepping on the path of active introduction of the latest technologies the NASAA library is powerfully and continuously developing for the sake of successful training of students providing assistance to the teaching staff in the educational process. Such activity significantly enhances the image of NASAA as one of the best higher education institutions in Ukraine.
Among the services provided by the NASAA library is a full-text access to international scientific platforms, databases, information portals.
- from April 19 to June 30, 2017 within the framework of the ElibUkr project a test access to full-text electronic journals of the international company DeGruyter was provided for the NASAA library;
- from November 8, 2019 to December 8, 2019 there was opened a test access to the world’s most successful statistical portal Statista which contains more than 1 million statistical data of over 80,000 topics from more than 22,500 sources of the portal;
- from February 1 to April 30, 2020 with the assistance of the State Scientific and Technical Library of Ukraine the NASAA library received a full-text test access to the journals of the international publishing house Wiley;
- from May 2019 till the end of the academic year with the assistance of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and State Scientific and Technical Library of Ukraine the NASAA library was provided with an access to the full-text scientometric databases Scopus and Web of Science in order to integrate the scientists of the Academy into European and world research space.
- from January 15, 2020 till the end of the year with the assistance of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine the NASAA library was given an access to the platform of full-text scientific materials published by Springer Nature.