From 2003 to 2010 the Department was headed by Volodymyr O. Shevchuk DSc in Economics, Professor. Since 2010 up to the present Professor Mykola D. Korinko, DSc in Economics, is in charge of the Department.
Head of Department
- Olena A. Zorina, Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor.
Faculty of the Department of Audit has practical working experience and scientific achievements which are successfully used in teaching; they constantly increase their qualification, improve the methods of teaching and implement the latest methods and technology in the educational process.
The scientific papers published every year, handbooks, textbooks; monographs issued highly improve the academic process and enrich Ukrainian Economics.
Besides teaching, lecturers of the Department:
- provide postgraduate training of PhD candidates studying at the NASAA;
- take part in the work of Examining Commission for Entrance Exams to the Graduate School for those who intend to obtain the PhD degree in Accounting and Audit. The Doctoral Exam in Specialty 08.00.09 – Accounting, Analysis and Audit (according to specific types of economic activity) is conducted;
- carry out the review of dissertations, prepare references on author’s abstracts and theses;
- participate in the Senior Doctorate Expert Examining Board;
- act as official opponents during the Viva prepared for PhD and DSc degrees in specialty 08.00.09 – Accounting, Analysis and Audit (according to specific types of economic activity) ;
- participate in Editorial Boards of Specialized Scientific editions;
- review monographs, textbooks, academic handbooks, dictionaries;
- take part in the administration work and the Academic Council both of the Faculty of Accounting and Audit and National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit as well;
- supervise students groups, organize excursions to enterprises, train students for participating in Olympiads and contests, carry out career guidance and pre-University training for applicants.