The history of the Department of Foreign Languages as an independent structural unit which from 2005 to 2017 was called the Department of Modern European Languages begins in 2000. From 2003 to 2012 the department was headed by an associate professor Strelnikova Lidia Grygorivna.
In January 2013 Goriunova Maryna Mykolaivna, a candidate of philological sciences, associate professor was elected the head of the department.
The teaching staff of the department consists of 16 people, among them: 9 associate professors, candidates of philological sciences, 7 senior lecturers.
Head of Department
- Maryna M. Horiunova, PhD in pedagogics.
Office #204, 1, Pidhirna str., NASAA, Kyiv, Ukraine, 04107
tel.: +380 (44) 486-36-51
The teachers of the Department of Foreign Languages provide the learning process with language disciplines for students of the full time Faculties of Accounting and Statistics, Finance and Economics, correspondence and distance department, preparatory courses for university entrants and foreign students; prepare graduate students and applicants for taking candidate’s exams in a foreign language.
Specialists of the department teach such normative and selective disciplines and special courses:
- foreign language (English, German);
- English language for professional purposes;
- German language for professional purposes;
- Ukrainian language for professional purposes;
- Business English;
- German business language;
- foreign language for educational and scientific communication;
- Documentary studies;
- Ukrainian / Russian as foreign languages;
- Ukrainian language for entrants;
- distance course of English for professional purposes;
- distance course of Ukrainian for professional purposes.
Within the framework of the European Union programme ERASMUS+ for academic mobility of students and teachers and the opportunity for students of the academy to study at partner universities the department offers language courses of the Polish language.