The goal for the Department’s creation and its functioning at the present time is systematic training of Bachelors, Specialists and Masters in Economic Cybernetics for the country’s national economy.
The curriculum of this field of study includes in-deep coverage of mathematical programming, mathematical modeling and systems analysis based on modern computing devices and methods together with well-rounded coverage of the main economic subjects.
Office #57, 1, Pidhirna str., NASAA, Kyiv, Ukraine, 04107
tel.: +380 (44) 482-22-71
All the post-graduate institutions have their curricula of training of Economic Cybernetics students inseparably connected to the main developmental trends of theory and practice of the science in Ukraine.
The main goals of teaching mathematical subjects are as following:
- Familiarizing future specialists with theory of mathematical modeling which knowledge can be further used both in practice and in scientific research;
- Training students in applied mathematics culture, developing intuition and erudition needed to successfully use mathematical methods in the future;
- Developing logical and algorithmical thinking, familiarizing students with most typical cases of use of mathematical methods and models while solving real problems pertaining to national economy as a whole and its specific branches;
- Developing basic knowledge of mathematical research of applied problems of development of specific objects and processes: translation of real-life challenges of the national economy into corresponding mathematical presentations of those and choice of optimal methods of their research and interpretation of the obtained results;
- Developing problem-solving skills aimed at the arrival of the practically accepted results: numbers, graphs, specific qualitative and quantitative conclusions using appropriate calculating methods and modern software;
- Mastering the skill to self-study and analyze modern mathematical data presented in specialized international and home publications and dealing with the ways to formalize objects, processes and phenomena that are peculiar to the economic management with the use of economic modeling.
The Chair is constantly improving its teaching methods through preparation of educational textbooks, manuals, manuscripts, etc.
The Bachelor program students that specialize in Economic Cybernetics receive systemic knowledge in economics, mathematics and other specialized subjects and also progressive computer technologies which allows them to continue studies to obtain Master’s degrees in finance, accounting, banking and insurance spheres and in other types of businesses. The conceptual model underlying this curriculum corresponds to the requirements of modern management principles accepted the world over. This statement is based on the fact that the students of the Economic Cybernetics field receive the same basic economic training as economists of other specialties and this lays the background for understanding of their research objects, such as accounting, finance, management or marketing, and gives them a heads-up in mathematics compared to economists of other specialties.