The Faculty of Economics and Statistics (former name – the Faculty of Statistics, Cybernetics and Management) was established in 1999 when 19 students were taken on the 1st course of study in speciality “Economic Cybernetics”. Cherusheva Galyna Borysivna was the head of the Faculty at that time.
Since 2002 the enrolment of students in the specialty “Applied Statistics” has been started. In 2002 Poprozman Nataliia Vasylivna was appointed as the Dean of the Faculty.
Since 2005 the enrolment of students in the specialty “Management of Foreign Economic Activity” is being conducted. Karchev Yakiv Yakovych was appointed as a Dean of the Faculty. In 2011 the Faculty was renamed the Faculty of Economics and Statistics.
Volodymyr P. Panteleiev, DSc in Economics, Professor was appointed as the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Statistics in 2014.
Management of faculty
- Dean of the Faculty: Volodymyr P. Panteleiev, DSc in Economics, Professor;
- Assistant Dean: Tetiana D. Sakada;
Office #69, 1, Pidhirna str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 04107
tel.: +380 (44) 486-72-96
- Schedule for full-time students the Faculty of Economics and Statistics.
Week of the Faculty of Economics and Statistics is celebrated in April (2rd week).
The department has three graduating department:
and two Departments of General preparation:
Currently the Faculty of Economics and Statistics possesses licenses and certificates to train students according to three specialties. Thus, the Faculty is responsible for organizing education of specialists in Economics and Management on the contract basis according to the following fields:
Branch of knowledge 0305 “Economy and Entrepreneurship”:
- Undergraduate Training Programme 6.030502 Economic Cybernetics (bachelor’s degree);
- Specialization 7.03050201 Economic Cybernetics (specialist degree);
- Specialization 8.03050201 Economic Cybernetics (master’s degree);
- Specialization 1С: Bookkeeping.
- Undergraduate Training Programme 6.030506 Applied Statistics (bachelor’s degree);
- Specialization 8.03050601 Applied Statistics (master’s degree);
- Bank Statistics;
- State Statistics;
- Economic Statistics;
- Financial Statistics;
Branch of knowledge 0306 “Management and Administration”
- Undergraduate Training Programme 6.030601 Management (bachelor’s degree);
- Specialization 7.03060104 Management of Foreign Economic Activity (specialist);
- Specialization 8.03060104 Management of Foreign Economic Activity (master’s degree).
The Faculty includes three departments that train students in occupational subjects:
- Department of Economic Cybernetics;
- Department of Applied Statistics;
- Department of Management of Foreign Economic Activity.
There are also two departments of general training:
- Department of Informational Systems and Technology;
- Department of Applied Mathematics.
The Department of Statistics provides postgraduate programmes in specializations:
- 08.00.10 Statistics;
- 08.00.07 Demography, Labour Economics, Social Economics and Politics.
Well-known scholars are among the teaching staff of the Faculty:
- Osaulenko O. H., DSc in State Governance, Professor;
- Motsnyy F. V., Laureate of the State Prize in Science and Technology, DSc in Physics and Mathematics, Professor;
- DScs in Economics, Professors – Gerasymenko S. S. , Kadiievskyy V. A, Kisterskyy L. L. , Mykhailov V. S. , Puzanov I. I. , Gonchar O. V.;